1. I issued the first ever "Potty Award" in order to motivate and encourage my son to go to the bathroom independently. (Side note: he's 5 and fully capable of doing this business on his own, he's just reverting a little because he doesn't want to go to school after a long break of watching Clone Wars for hours every morning). (Side note numeral dos: my husband seemed disappointed to learn that I was issuing Potty Awards and expressed his consternation with an, "I didn't know we had Potty Awards" pout from the shower.) This was a virtual award, by the way. No goods nor services were exchanged for good potty etiquette.
2. This rabbi started drinking my coffee while I helped Toby get dressed.
|Seriously, Dude, not cool|
4. I suggested to my daughter that The Aquabats aren't very good superheroes. They always get turned into donuts or zombies. She said that's what she likes about them.)
5. My husband suggested that his new Cookie Monster pajama pants were indeed as sexy as his shirt.
6. I suggested that I had to have on my watermelon slippers on order for me to match the sexy.
7. I was informed that I just killed the mood.
8. My son slumped down the steps one at a time with his arms spread to touch both walls so that I was completely blocked from passing him (thus killing more time before he had to put on his coat).
9. And my daughter got dressed, went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, went downstairs and informed my husband that he did not have time to make lunch because they were going to be late.
10. I realized she's really the mom of the house.
After the kids and the huz left the building, I checked Facebook and found two wonderful things that set the tenor for the day:
1. Yesterday, I commented on my friend James's photo of Edith from Dowton Abbey with googly eyes, saying something on the order of, "Wow, you can put googly eyes on anything and it's funny." This morning, James put googly eyes on me.
And if you thought that was just what you needed (it had to be done, people) check out Polyphonic Spree (who the Huz and I think are the happiest band on the planet) covering Neil Young: (sorry no YouTube link and Blogger apparently demands that, so just click on this linkydink).
Ooh, ooh and They Might Be Giants doing Chumbawumba (no shit!):
I am now resisting the urge to wax philosophic about 80s music (even though Chumbawumba aren't technically 80s but definitely have that 80s hook and vapidity), but don't think I won't in the future. Which reminds me, I reached over 20 followers and I believe I owe you guys a drawring of Steve Perry, circa 1982.
|unintended bleed through actually works, don'tcha think?|
My new challenge: I'm at 23 followers (thank you!) now. If I can make it to 30 (because I like to set reachable goals), I will post a picture of Journey, the entire band, from the teen angst series. What the hell are you waiting for?! Follow now!